Re: LNT & Global Warming

From: Susan Gawarecki <loc@ICX.NET>

> I hear a dismissive attitude on the potential effects of climate change,

> but we have a delicately balanced system of agriculture and industry

> that is highly dependent on maintaining the status quo.  The local

> economic dislocations can be huge, and the federal government shows no

> restraint in allocating "disaster relief" funds for natural events such

> as droughts or floods.  Global warming could be very expensive to the US

> taxpayer.

"Delicately balanced" seems rather overstated as a carbon issue.

> It's true that predictive models are complex and imperfect.  However to

> be dismissive of the potential effects of global warming is a dangerous

> policy.  Better to pour the money into good basic research so we can

> make rational decisions instead of politicizing the issue.

Right!  But we don't. We have the "pseudo-scientists"  being "certain" and

supporting politicians for extreme "actions" with NO research.  That's

Kyoto!

Do the real research.  And that's NOT for stupid "climate models," its to

find out know what the effects are, and what to do about them.

If we do that, and do NOTHING on "implementation," for 10 years (except

start on nuclear power instead of fossil fuels ONLY for energy needs where

economic), we will know massively more in 10 years about both the effects

and what to do, with technology development, that we will not be more than a

year or two behind the current "massive-cost curve," but will do it for much

less cost!

A "target" today by politicians is just ignorant, and "scientists" who

pander to them for their funding handouts by supporting such are not

scientists.

Regards, Jim