Re: Radiation & Miss Ty Cism

At 07:16 AM 7/18/01 -0400, John M Priest Jr wrote:

>Does anyone else besides me REALLY miss Mellissa?

>Muckerheide wrote:

>> Sounds a lot like another confrontation:

>> In 3001 man had long since been able to create any life form in the lab,

and

John:

I know I do.  In the past I use to monitor the archives, since they were

updated continuously, and replyed to those for which I could contribute.

Since the switch, I decide to join the list serve since the archives are

not updated all that often.  Thus far, I have yet to see much that has to

do with radiation protection.  Yes, I use the delete key.... but come on,

thirty or so messages a day on soap box issues that have little to do with

radiation protection issues (global warming, etc.. and comments such as

"...Please, no more banalities from the "Friendly Atom." comic series.

Thanks. Ray") is pushing the limit as to what this list serve was suppose

to be about.

Speaking of professionalism, as was one of the topics, I had posted a

position not all that long ago.  One of the reponses was as follows:  "What

is the pay. I supose peanuts compared to what technicians make in the

balance of the US outside of the bit metropolitan areas. IF you can not put

a hourly price I need not respond because you are obviously not willing to

pay a compitive wage. "  Of course it was not signed.

Well, it was worth a try.  See my next message.

p.s. I'll periodically will continue to monitor the archives and If I see

something to which I can contribute I will (directly to the individual).

Fred

************************************

Frederick F. McWilliams, CHP

Reactor Radiation Protection Officer