Re: Global Warming Again!

Mike,

    Actually, it's much worse than your data would indicate. The average

temperature last year was 1.0 degree colder than this years average.

According to my computer model, I calculate that if this warming trend

continues,  the average temperature will rise 100 degrees in the next

century.

In a few millenia, the planet will melt. I've applied for an NAS grant to

study

the problem further, but have not yet received an answer. Meanwhile, I am

just running my air conditioner and hoping for the best :-)

> At 04:11 PM 7/18/01 -0700, Jerry Cohen wrote:

> >beginning some 4,000 years ago and running until the birth of Christ,

> >temperatures averaged between 1.5 and 3 degrees Celsius higher than they

> >do today.

> An important detail that has been omitted is: the rate of change. One

> degree change per thousand years has been observed before. The present

data