US DOT excepted package statements

The following from Sherry L. Meith, Sherry.Meith@PSS.Boeing.com  Replies to

this address or the list, please.

incorporate the new UN numbers and proper shipping names from IATA.  If an

excepted package is going by air, it will have a new UN number on the air

waybill, a new UN number marked on the package, and an old UN number on the

excepted package certification required at 173.422 by DOT.  In the interest

of harmony, I am hoping the DOT would accept an excepted package

certification such as "This package conforms to the conditions and

limitations specified in 49 CFR 173.428 for radioactive material, excepted

package -- empty package, UN2910 and UN2908."  Any advice?