Re: Having a baby after a seed implant

A response:

-----Original Message-----

From: Franz Schoenhofer [mailto:franz.schoenhofer@CHELLO.AT]

Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2001 1:02 PM

To: Gibbs, S Julian; Radsafe Mail list

Subject: Re: Having a baby after a seed implant

Franz said:

I totally disagree. We are human

beings and therefore we are not only entitled, but obliged to have an

opinion and to utter it about such questions like a 67 year old "man"

wanting to foster a child - even after a prostate implant treatment. The

only advice for a 67 years old man can be:

Forget it. Whether he had a prostate treatment or not.

Franz

Reply:

So, the opinion you have is that a 67 year old man should not be considering

conceiving a child regardless of the state of his health?  So Adam siring

Seth when he was 130 is out of the question?  How about Methuselah siring

Lamech when he was 187; Lamech siring Noah when he was 182 (not to mention

he lived 595 years and had other sons and daughters); Abraham siring Isaac

when he was 100?

You certainly have a right to express your opinion, as do we all.  Given

I'll be 65 in a few months, my opinion is that any man of any age has the

right to sire children.  There are, by the way innumerable cases where men

over 70 have sired perfectly healthy children (usually with wives in their

20's and 30's, but that's a separate issue).

As said above, my opinion.  With apologies to those who will see this as way

off topic (I admit it).

Les Aldrich

laldrich@gte.net