RE: Statistics 101

I assume you do hold out the possibility that global warming is a real phenomenon.

-- John

-----Original Message-----
From: RuthWeiner@AOL.COM [mailto:RuthWeiner@AOL.COM]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 9:39 AM
To: jjcohen@PRODIGY.NET; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: Re: Statistics 101

 . . .

The "greens" aren't ALWAYS all wrong.  In the case of ozone, they
over-reacted   Let's not get carried away and denigrate the good science with
the junk science.  I question global warming in part because neither a
consistent explanation nor a consistent mechanism has been proposed, nor can
I figure out how they tell.  The ozone depletion mechanism is a model of an
observed phenomenoin, not like global warming, which is a prediction based on
a not-yet-validated model.

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com