RE: Dose rate of a patient administered with 10mCi FDG-F18

You may want to see Benatar, N.A., Cronin, B.F., and O'Dohenty, M.J.,

"Radiation dose rates from patients undergoing PET:  implications for

technologists and waiting rooms," European Journal of Nuclear Medicine, Vol

25, No. 5, May 2000.

For 1 meter distances, the mean dose rates/MBq (uSv/hr) at one meter are

listed as 0.16 at mid-trunk, 0.11 at head, 0.03 at feet.  This is for 35

patients.

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist