Re: radioactivity from fossil fuel power stations

Monty,

The NRPB have recently produced an updated report on the emissions from coal

fired electricity generation in the uk.  If you use the following link,

www.nrpb.org.uk/Reports/R327.htm you can then download the report (88 pages

in length) free in Adobe Acrobat format.

The reference and title for the report are as follows.

NRPB-R327

Radiological Impact on the UK Population of Industries which Use or Produce

Materials Containing Enhanced Levels of Naturally Occurring Radionuclides

Part I: Coal-fired Electricity Generation

K R Smith, G M Crockett, W B Oatway, M P Harvey, J S S Penfold and S F Mobbs

It would appear that this is intended to be the first in a series of reports

on the effects of norm.

Regards

    Julian Ginniver