radioactivity from fossil fuel power stations

Dear Colleagues

Have there been any recent publications dealing with the

topic of radioactive emissions from non-nuclear (fossil

fuels - coal, oil, gas)power stations?  I am out of date

on this topic.  I recall that the environmental levels of

radioactivity in the vicinity of such stations can be

comaparable or in excess of those around nuclear sites,

depending on the type and grade of fuel burnt.

Thanks

Dr Monty Charles

schoolof Physics & Astronomy

the University of Birmingham