draft op-ed

I have drafted an op-ed piece about radiation and risks, particularly

incorporating the information on hazardous materials shipments that you all

helped me with. I would like to solicit comments from interested list

members, particularly on:

1) any factual inaccuracies, and

2) readability, as it is targeted to the general public.

I decided not to send it to the list to save on bandwidth. It's about 1500

words (only 27K as a Word document). If you would be willing to read it and

give me some feedback, please e-mail me privately and I'll send you a copy

back by e-mail. If I get it polished up, I'd be happy to share it with

others for dissemination. I really don't care if my name is attached to it

or not, if it's any good and could help in improving the accuracy of the

public's perception of radiation risks. Thanks in advance.

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 322-3190

Fax   (615) 322-3764

e-mail  michael.g.stabin@vanderbilt.edu

"Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of"

- Steven Wright