Re: IAEA in Vienna (is it good?)

Greetings,

It is a very impressive fact that Austrian government

is so generous toward IAEA...6 cents per year...

Is there apartments for rent in that range as well?

Just kidding...

I will leave big politics outside of this message.

Just one thing.

It is silly.

Financially Well Off International Organization is

getting a free ride/rent.

What about the IAEA employees?

Austrian government does not provide IAEA

international employee's spouses with the working

permits.....

That is not encouraging for people with the families

to work in IAEA.

Vienna is a nice place to visit as a tourist but it is

not the best place to live for a married couple from

another country.

For everybody a COOL rest of the Summer.

Emil.

You wrote:

There came up the question of Jevgenij, why the IAEA

is based in Austria, if

there is so much opposition against nuclear power in

Austria.

snip>>

snip>>

So there seems to me not to be any objective reason,

why the Austrian

Government should not host the IAEA and there seems to

be no reason why the

IAEA should not accept the generous offer of the

Austrian Government to

reside in the Vienna International Center paying the

exorbitant sum of 1

(one) Austrian Schilling, equivalent to approximately

6 (six) US cents not

for the day, not for the week, not for the months, but

for the year!

I have not met any employee of the IAEA yet, who would

have complained about

the attitudes of Viennese persons on nuclear energy.

Everybody ever has

assured me, that she or he feels very fine in Vienna

and hopes to stay here

for a longer time.

So I suppose, that the employees would most likely

oppose any transfer of

the IAEA to another town - for which there is no

reason.

Best regards,

Franz

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/