RE: Compensation of survivors

 To fight, and possibly die for one's country is a duty that all persons

have to there country. If we don't like our countries position on an issue,

we then immigrate to another country which shares our political views.  I do

not believe that any soldier should be compensated for fighting for their

country.

But experiments performed on human beings without informed consent, is

inappropriate regardless of employment or circumstances.  The fact that they

are soldiers, does not remove all of their rights as U.S. citizens.  As a

cautionary note:  Be carefull about judging past practices by todays

standards.  I knew people that under dire conditions, ate rats to stay

alive.  Now they are reasonably affluent, and would not even consider that

as an option.

Have a great day all

Jim Stokes