RE: Compensation of survivors

 First of all, I am not talking about soldiers who die in wartime

situations. I was in the military for many years myself.  I can tell you

though, that some military personnel WERE used in experiments,without their

knowledge.

I later worked at a U.S. DOE -Defense Programs Production facility where

everything from the inside of the coffee pots, to the tampon dispensers in

the ladies rooms were contaminated with radioactive materials.  These

workers were NOT properly protected, and I can testify to that first hand,

since I did much of the monitoring.  However, the individual workers were

never told of the conditions that they were working under.

It should be interesting to note that the chemical plant workers at a

particular DOE facility have a much higher colon cancer rate than the

control population. Coincidentally, the particle sizes of the materials that

they worked with would have deposited in the N-P region of the respiratory

tract, and would have therefore been ingested.  According to a document

generated by the Health and Safety manager of that facility stated in a

report that it was impossible to keep the airborne Th-232 concetrations

below the limits without at least $325,000 (1957 $) in modifications to the

ventilation system in the facility.  Those modifications were never approved

by the then AEC.  That proces was eventually terminated, but not because it

was unsafe.  I could give you numerous examples, but most of them are

probably still classified.  The fact of the matter is, those workers were

never told.

The facts are true, but the opinions are absolutely my own.

Jim Stokes