Re: TMI lessons

For evidence that few if any industries (other than nuclear) learned the

lessons of TMI, see today's NY Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/08/17/national/17CHEM.html?todaysheadlines

(password required.)

>>> "Gaglierd, Tony" <TGaglierd@achd.net> 08/17/01 10:28AM >>>

One thing about TMI it forced us to practice our  Emergency Response

plans

and to improve them based on these tests and exercises. I'm sure the

lessons

learned have spilled over into other aspect of Emergency Response

Planning

and Response.

I don't know of any Industry which is required to have Emergency

Response

Plans under SARA , Process Safety or RMP that is required to, or

actually

tests , their plans to the extent and with the frequency the Nuclear

Power

industry is and does.