Re: Cherynobl and groundwater radionuclide transport...

Am I wrong in my belief that a useful fusion machine will use a U-238 blanket
to fission with the neutrons produced by the fusion process.  If so, this
would generate the same fission products and spent fuel scenarios that we
have now.  It just would not have to be a critical machine.  The controlled
fusion process drives it.  As I understand it, any other system is very
energy inefficient and would not be practical.  It would also be very very
very... expensive; 10 or more times the inflated cost of current 1000+ MW
systems.

John Andrews
Knoxville, Tennessee