Re: "Watchdog group questions safety of nuclear plant"

> One of the failures of the nuclear power industry and regulators is their

> inability to say "It is safe.  And we will continue to ensure that it

> remains safe."

John, Norman, et al,

    How can it be scientifically determined that anything is "safe"?

    How can one prove the absence of risk?

    In other words, is safety just a warm fuzzy feeling, or can it be

objectively

determined? WASH 1400 (The Rasmussen study) in 1974 showed that

nuclear power was relatively safer than than most things we accept without

concern. Nevertheless accidents are possible so it is not absolutely safe.

So----- What do you mean by SAFE, and what could the nuclear power

industry  and regulators do to "ensure that it remains safe"?????