Re: Radium carbonate: Solubility product

>>But since the Periodic System of Elements is said to have

been proposed mostly because of similarities of various elements I dare to

draw some conclusions to answer your question:

To my knowledge the solubility of earth alkali element compounds follow a

straight "line" of declining solubility: Ca-Sr-Ba-Ra. This implies that

radium will be preferentially precipitated.

------

Thanks for your comment Franz, What you write is what I also would expect.

It is just nice to have the numbers if you want to take a scientific

discussion about it.

Suppose that there are 10 times more radioactive strontium atoms than radium

atoms in a sample - then what would give the strongest signal from a

precipitated sample? (Yes, I know that there is more built into this

question than just Ksp values - I just want to start somewhere)

The reason for me bringing this up is that I wonder what kinds of chemistry

considerations the TFP investigators had.

Bjorn Cedervall  bcradsafers@hotmail.com