Kursk: Potential nuclear hazards

Found the following:

http://www.kurskfoundation.org/Safety%20Evaluation%20pdf.pdf

Wonder if anyone could comment the reactor concept. There is a primary loop

and steam generators. I interpret this as two loops with water (there is an

ion-exchange system for the primary loop).

Now, on page 15 it says that the reactor is pressurized by gas (argon or

nitrogen). -Reserve gas? I don't understand how this gas comes into the

picture. Can anyone explain?

My personal question only,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com