Re: Chelyabinsk

I wish I knew more, but there was at least one book written on this subject.
I had a copy but it was borrowed permanently in about 1975.  The author wrote
in the USA based on his knowledge of this secret event while he was a
professor in the USSR.  He noted that there were a number of papers given by
Russians about the effects of contamination on migrating animals and birds.
These were highly censored to eliminate any reference to the source of the
contamination and the contamination was noted as being not accidental
contamination but study parcels.  However the study parcels contained curies
per square meter, not micro-curies as one would expect and the activity was
the fission products known to have come from the event in Chelyabinsk such as
Sr-90 and Cs-137.  At any rate there is information out there, but it will be
somewhat difficult to find because it will not reflect the Chelyabinsk name.
I do not remember the title or the authors name.  Sorry for that.

John Andrews
Knoxville, Tennessee