Re: Kostyuchenko 1994/ Dose reconstruction

>Exposure was from the accident. The doses are reported as "40-500 mSv IN

>1957."  The major public exposure would be over days to weeks, with lesser

>contributions to the totals from longer periods.

--------

A question arises how the doses were reconstructed (I am sure that any

Radsafer who has the paper can help with this. If the children were born in

the early 1950:ies, the reconstruction must be quite uncertain (no relevant

molar teeth to work with, ESR analysis etc). The exposure of many

individuals should probably be seen over the course of at least a decade.

Those living along the Techa river for instance had no alternative source

for water.

As far as I understand, the area has also been heavily burdened with more

classical pollutants such as heavy metals, nitrogen and sulfur oxides

(acids) etc (can anyone help with a reference?).

Bjorn Cedervall    bcradsafers@hotmail.com