Re: Kr-81m

Since Kr-81m has a half life of 13 seconds, and its parent, Rb81, has a half

life of 4.7 hours, you will need an on site or nearby accelerator to produce

this.  When I was at Argonne National Lab, the cyclotron facility was

producing Rb-81 to generate Kr-81m  for experimental use at a nearby hospital.

I hope that you are successful.   This produces high quality lung scans (It

was being used to diagnose black lung disease cases which could not be

detected with a normal chest x-ray)  with less dose than a conventional chest

x-ray.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton

liptonw@dteenergy.com