questions

Dear radsafe members:

My first question is related to airport security:

   If a terrorist conceals a ceramic razor in a

plastic case placed in the soles of shoes or boots or

in a belt, would this be detected by any current or

proposed security measure at airport boarding areas?

This same question would apply to C-4 explosive

material implanted in shoes or belts or for that

matter temporarily ingested in a plastic bag just

prior to entry into a plane?

Now for questions which may have no answers but

opinions would be appreciated:

       How come Ted Kaczinski is locked up in a padded

federal top security cell, Timothy McVeigh has been

executed and yet Bin Laden remains at large?  In the

same token, Milosevich is before the War Crimes

tribunal and yet Sadam Hussein and Bin Laden are still

at large?  It seems to me that we can take the small

fish but let the big fish go.  Does this have to do

with our tremendous appetite for oil?

Thank you,

Paul Shafer