re: questions

I try not to occupy bandwidth with political opinions,

but I think we all have done some introspective

re-evaluations in response to recent events.

Unabombers and OK bombers were internal affairs with

Federal authority over the indiscretions. Milosevic

was a relatively easy body to obtain because of

minimal repercussions (small fish, European stability

threat, and yes, no oil).  The rest can occupy a

lifetime's worth of analysis as to why they are still

at large.  Oil and economics can take the forefront.

But previous  restrictions regarding assasination and

overt government toppling have been the symbol of a US

policy meant to show civility (at least in an outward

appearance).  Reduced funding of covert operations,

over-reliance on electronic intelligence, the

undefinable, gossamer-like structure of

guerilla/terrorist networks, a culture the West finds

difficult to understand...these and many other factors

underly our failure to prevent Tuesday's events.

Where do we go now?  The shackles are off.  We can

harken back to the 60's and say again, "the times,

they are a changing"  The New World Order the elder

Bush was hoping for is, ironically (or fatefully?) now

in the hands of W.  As Colin Powell said yesterday to

the world "You're either with us or against us".  Have

we just witnessed the Pearl Harbor of World War III?

When retaliation does occur, Will it be like the end

of the movie "The Godfather"?  Multiple strikes in

multiple theatres?  You don't think Mr. Putin wouldn't

like to avenge their Afghanistan debacle?  Harpo Marx

in Libya is probably changing his underwear hourly

right now (he surely sounds sympathetic and contrite

now, but who is still training in his deserts?).  With

the US Navy at the mouth of the Suez Canal and the

Persian Gulf, and the Brits at Gibraltar, the

Mediterranean has become a big bathtub.  There are

plenty of people who have something to say to Mr.

Saddam (by the way, that guy is toast - his ninth life

is ready to expire).  The list goes on.  We have North

Korea still to deal with.  Does Egypt feel threatened

from North Africa Muslim fundamentalism?  Will Syria

continue to soften its stance? Where do we stop?

I just hope we have heard the last of serious events

in our country, (but there was just a train collision

in Utah, coincidence? There were five targets on

Tuesday with only four planes accounted for.  Where

was the fifth plane and where are the people who were

to conduct the fifth act?)  Hopefully, we won't make

any new enemies when the dust settles.  If the current

hooligans are taken out, who will take their place?

We need to look inwardly and determine why we are the

target.  What policies need to be re-evaluated?  How

do we improve the standard of living of the have-nots

of this world so they won't look at us with the envy

and hatred they do now?  If W. had any notions of

American isolationism from world peoples and events, I

would hope that those notions are no more.

These opinions are truly and purely those of my own.

The rest of my opinions can be found in chat rooms,

where they belong.