RE: DU counterweights on 767s

According to US NRC NUREG 1717 there should not be any DU in that aircraft.

DC-10, L-1011 and 747 are listed as the aircraft still potentially having

such counterweights, although the report indicates that many of those have

been replaced with Tungsten over time.  That report does have a brief

paragraph on EDE from fire etc. for any one that is interested part of its

available on the web at http://www.prop1.org/2000/du/reports/9912du.htm

The thoughts expressed are mine, mine, all mine!

I'm with the government, I'm here to help........

Daren Perrero, Health Physicist

perrero@idns.state.il.us