RE: Contaminated Scaffold Knuckles - Turkey Point

Dave et al,

Regarding No.1 - Although there exists no possibility for these items to

exceed 2 nCi/g, what is the lower limit for having to ship something as

SCO-I with b/g surface contamination?  Is it 5 Kdpm/100 cm2 b/g or 2.2

Kdpm/100 cm2 b/g or anything detectable?

Heck, the upper limit for SCO-I is only 22 Kdpm/100 cm2 b/g.  I'm sure that

you could easily exceed that value without exceeding 2 nCi/g (extrapolating

over the weight of the knuckle).

I haven't really followed the DOT regulations since the advent of the SCO

category, but is there a possibility that something like this requires

shipment as SCO?  There's got to be a position on this out there somewhere.

Regarding No.2 - AMEN!  Unfortunately, no person eyeing a political career

has the guts to say the last sentence in public.

Say Hi to Rick and Brent for me.

Rodney Bauman, CHP, RRPT

Bechtel Jacobs Company, LLC

Project Health Physicist