Re: What can we do now??

>What do you think Radsafers can do given the current state of affairs?<

Go on with life

>Are there any courses on emergency planning for nuclear incidents (other
than the existing nuclear plant scenarios)?<

Yes.  The WIPP ran courses (and still does) and had exercises for all communities along the routes, and I believe Yucca Mountain will do the same.  Oak Ridge runs the RE/ACT program to train emergency responders.  I'm sure there's more.

>Are any radsafers working with governmental organizations (federal or
state)regarding planning for local terroist events?<

Again, yes.  Sandia recently published a study of possible terrorist attacks on RAM transportation  (Luna, Vigil, and Neuhauser)
.  I'll provide details in the near fututr
Any other ideas?

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com