Re: What can we do now??

> My question was what can we do to be prepared?

> Jim Nelson

While I was at Oak Ridge (ending in 98), Dick Toohey and others were

involved in a training program that intended to visit about 30-35 major

cities per year and provide a one week training course to emergency response

personnel (firefighters, police, EMTs) on response to radiological, chemical

or biological weapons attacks. I think this was run for several years (I

don't recall who funded it, perhaps FEMA), it may still be going on.

Obviously we need to deal more with the prevention aspects, but the role of

HPs here would be limited mostly to detection technologies, I would think.

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 322-3190