Re: What can we do now??

Hi All,

I think we really should do some comparative risk assessment.  I remember a

wide-ranging discussion like that in Switzerland a long time ago: a 747 bound

for the US - and thus full of fuel - crashes into the NPP Goesgen about 30

miles from Zuerich-Kloten airport.  The four engines penetrate the containment

but the rest of the plane does not.  A fuel fire starts inside and outside the

containment, but an automatic or manual scram should be successful because the

fire takes its own good time to heat the inside of the containment and cause a

total failure of the automatic or manual scram.  Thus we had a hard time

conjuring up a big release and putting some people outside the power plant at

risk.  But I agree with Ted, the big fear is an acute outbreak of radiophobia.

Best regards,

Fritz

--

 " The American Republic will endure until the day Congress

 discovers that it can bribe the Public with the Public's money."

                                       Alexis de Tocqueville

                                       Democracy in America

Fritz A. Seiler, Ph.D.

Sigma Five Consulting