Flu Vaccine and Baggage Xray

Hello RADSAFERS,

This really doesn't have anything to do with personnel exposure, however the medical personnel at our facility are concerned that our new baggage inspection machine might affect the viability of flu vaccine during package inspection.

I can't imagine a problem with this, but I would like to refer the medical staff to a document or reference that shows what type and amount of radiation exposure it would take for flu vaccine to become ineffective or reduce its efficiency.

Does anyone have a reference I can use? Thanks in advance.

PS. We've already had some comments about passing bag lunches through xray machines, too. :-)
Tad Blanchard /___\ /___\ NASA-Goddard Space Flight Center
Ass't Rad Safety Officer O Code 205.9, Greenbelt, MD 20771
Parallax, Inc / \ Phone: 301-286-9157
A Member of the OHI Team /___\
Fax: 301-286-1618
mailto:tmblanch@pop200.gsfc.nasa.gov
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember that amateurs built the Ark.........Professionals built the Titanic.