Re: HIGH-TECH SECURITY TOOLS GET A SECOND LOOK

> Franz, John, et al,

> Surely there must be some dose level below which there is no rational

> basis for concern regardless of the circumstances of its administration. I

> would think that anything that results in doses less than 10% of background

> levels would qualify. How about 1.0%, or even 0.1%. What are your thoughts?

Jerry, et al.,

What's "background?"  Average?  Who's average?  US average?

 External?  1.6 mSv?   or with radon?  3.6 mSv?    World avg?  2.4 mSv?

World range:  <0.7 mSv   to  >70 mSv   (to 700 mSv)

10%?   of what?  10% of world avg (2.4 mSv)   limit  =  2.7 mSv

                                 10% of U.S. avg,       limit   =  4.0 mSv

             People at 100 mSv?  and more?

As you know, such low-dose "hazard" and "protection," and "unjustified"

doses, is promulgated by self-serving rad protectionists.  No public health

or safety benefit - just large costs.

Regards, Jim