RE: Franz - RE: X-ray of packages and containers

While I can't answer your objections concerning shielding and exposure, the

image is more consistent with xray than infrared.

*  Infrared images are much less detailed, especially when the 'emitter' is

inside the object instead of on its surface.

*  The contents of the packages inside the truck show as well.  This would

require a thermal difference between the contents and the packaging to

produce on an infrared photo.

*  The things expected to be denser are darker, rather than the things

expected to be warmer being lighter (e.g. the outside of the tires)

While a negative of a thermal image would have the warm areas dark, I prefer

to apply Occam's Razor and see it as an xray.

Dave Neil

neildm@id.doe.gov