Irradiated Food

Title: Irradiated Food

I received the following query from a client:

The query concerns the current situation regarding the prohibition of irradiated food in the US.  Reference is currently made to a prohibition by New York, New Jersey and Maine of the sale of irradiated food. Obviously, given the impact that such legislation would have, we need to provide an up to date assessment of the current situation in New York, New Jersey and Maine, any proposed legislation/action and any other states that are considering similar action.

Does anyone have any information regarding the relevant websites or other sources of information that could help me answer this client quickly?  Thanks for your help.

Deb Loeser, M.P.H., Esq.
(612) 340-8860
loeser.deborah@dorseylaw.com