Von: Norman Cohen <ncohen12@HOME.COM>

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Dienstag, 23. Oktober 2001 00:13

Betreff: abc news

>Dear Radsafers,

>I answered your comments off-list as to not make it too hard on your

>delete keys, and to not be the one accused of generating too many

>emails. Thanks for the suggestions and input.

>peace

>norm

>--

>Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr

>Ave., Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8537 or 609-601-8583 (8583: fax, answer

>machine);  ncohen12@home.com  UNPLUG SALEM WEBSITE:

>http://www.unplugsalem.org/  COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE WEBSITE:

>http:/www.coalitionforpeaceandjustice.org   The Coalition for Peace and

>Justice is a chapter of Peace Action.

>"First they ignore you; Then they laugh at you; Then they fight you;

>Then you win. (Gandhi) "Why walk when you can fly?"  (Mary Chapin

>Carpenter)

I have noticed that quite a few RADSAFErs have fallen into the trap of

Norman Cohen again. For those, who have subscribed to RADSAFE not so long

ago I can mention that Norman Cohen has fooled the RADSAFE community already

some time ago, by posting "questions", pretending to be interested in a

scientific approach and then gradually coming out with his anti-nuclear and

anti-radiation opinions. I am sure to remember correctly that somebody on

RADSAFE commented that he boasted at anti-nuclear websites about his

disputes with the pro-nuclears at RADSAFE. He is obviously making his living

with his anti-nuclear agitation - I have accused him for doing so and he has

not denied it. I comment on RADSAFE at home from my private computer at my

own costs and in my spare time (it is 1:25 am in Austria right now) - he has

not denied that he earns money by doing so when I put this accusation

forward.

The shit - yes, I use deliberately this four letter word - which he posted

on RADSAFE is just one case among hundreds of other idiotic newspaper

articles. I could send dozens of similar ones to RADSAFE - even if Norman

would pay me generously for the translation I would not bother you with it.

I am not impressed by any article from San Francisco, London, Adelaide,

Beijing and least from Austria. We have a proverb in German: "He lies like

it had been printed". This is true not only for the lowest class papers, but

as well for the so-called highly reputaded papers, not to talk about TV.

Norman puts forward a newspaper article, as if it were the bible -

containing the truth, the truth and nothing as the truth. Next he questions

the news about the thickness of a containment and repeats silly remarks on

very small details. (Thank you Jaro for the very informative information!)

I have also fallen into his trap before, I really tried to explain patiently

some basic knowledge - without any result. He is a stubborn activist, who

makes his money with his agitation - or did nobody read his advertisments at

the end of his "contributions"? Nobody reasonably can oppose "peace" - but

this is converted into anti-nuclear movements.

Now we have the ultimate generosity: He is taking discussions to private

mail to save bandwidth. I think, the better way to save bandwidth would be

that he would not post to RADSAFE.

Franz