From: Michael McNaughton [mailto:mcnaught@LANL.GOV]

Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 2:42 PM

To: Bjorn Cedervall; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Subject: RE: NCRP 136 / Immunology, DNA repair, cancer...

At 05:31 PM 10/23/01 +0000, Bjorn Cedervall wrote:

>Therefore, I don't think that the immunology has any important role in the

>protection against cancer.

Bjorn

I cannot fault your logic, but can you meet me half way, or reach out and

offer a helping hand to a struggling amateur? I have heard MDs suggest the

immune system is involved somehow with cancer. Furthermore, I have read

that some cancer research attempts to stimulate the immune system. Am I

totally wrong or just partly wrong?

mike

Mike McNaughton

Los Alamos National Lab.