Re: Chernobyl spent fuel

Fritz,

James is right - the biggest FCM is the so-called "elephant's foot", and there

are several smaller

FCM at different floors of the Shelter, mainly under the reactor. Another

famouse

FCM (smaller then "El foot") called "the drop". As I know the gamma background

near the "El. foot" is about 1500 Roentgen.

Best regards, Peter

--

 Peter B. Aryasov

 Head group for Aerosol Monitoring