Anthrax question

Radsafers knowledgeable about anthrax,

Is there just a wee possibility that we are finding anthrax spores

"everywhere" because only now are we looking everywhere for them? Given

that dormant spores commonly are in soil worldwide, does anyone know the

likely result if a national random sample of 1000 nasal swabs were

checked for the presence of anthrax spores? (And please, we do know that

the poor fellow who had his nose swabbed 1000 times will have an awfully

sore nose.) When were mail rooms or post office handling units last

checked for anthrax - or for any number of other organisms with which we

are usually unconcerned ....?

Maury Siskel    maury@webtexas.com