Re: Decision time!

I quite agree.  I have argued, often and unsuccessfully, that DOE should drop the whole notion of LCFs in their EISs.  I just report it because it's in the DEIS.  Also, given that the probability in the US of death from cancer is about 23%, the projected LCF is pretty small.  I should have called them cancer risks, not projected cancers, anyway.

The projected MEI doses from a sabotage event are either lethal nor acute, but are not trivial.  I wouldn't be surprised at some actual cancers at those doses.

This still does not make sabotage of transportation a truly valid concern, in my estimation.

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com