RE: Grease Release

Dave,

We would analyze grease with the liquid LLD's.  We leaned to the

conservative side on this issue.  Sampling a drum of grease might not be the

easiest, but we certainly fill up the marinelli container for counting just

like a can of Crisco.  How large are the drums you're sampling?  We keep

minimum volumes of grease in the RPA and in the end minimize the amount of

sampling.

If we have a tube of grease that is too small to achieve the appropriate

LLD's, then we would perform a qualitative analysis with a Ge counter (~10

min) in addition to a survey of the external surfaces of the tube.  Be

careful about combining small volumes of different materials into a larger

volume, you might create something that you can't get rid of later on the

EPA side of the house.

Glen Vickers

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain Exelon Corporation

proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject

to copyright belonging to the Exelon Corporation family of Companies.

This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity

to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient of this

e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,

copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments

to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have

received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and

permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any

printout. Thank You.