Von: BLHamrick@AOL.COM <BLHamrick@AOL.COM>

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Freitag, 05. Oktober 2001 23:47

Betreff: Re: [Fwd: Re: >> "oops"]

>In a message dated 10/05/2001 1:39:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,

>franz.schoenhofer@CHELLO.AT writes:

>> There is no need to eliminate the industry - a few seconds to check,

whether

>> the source is back in its shielded container should not cause any

additional

>> costs. We hear these arguments every day in Europe and get tired about

it.

>This is already required by regulation in the U.S. by the NRC, and I

believe

>it is required of all Agreement States:

Thank you for confirming that regulations exist in the USA - I would have

been more than surprised if they would not.

Directed towards RADSAFE contributors: It might be favourable to first check

the legal situation and then posting to RADSAFE. Stating opinions should be

accompanied by solid data. To state as a kind of "practice", that

surveillance at radiography sites are not according to some sites have to be

directed immediatley to the surveillance authorities.

Lack of surveillance capacities cannot be used as an excuse for exposing

individuals to doses not acceptable.

Franz