From: Johansen.Kjell

To: Radsafe (E-mail)

Sent: 10/9/01 6:00 PM

Subject: OOPS(radiography overexposure)

Janet Westbrook inquired about an over exposure incident. From the

description I believe the incident occurred to someone not familier with

radiography who found a radiographic source, picked it up and put it in

his back pocket.  The folding over of the skin flap and subsequent

developments are vividly covered  in a  NUREG on radiography training.

I do not remember the number, but it was a low number, 00??, with a

yellow and black cover and printed in landscape format.  In a former

lifetime I used it in a rad safety training class I taught for users of

fixed gauges.

Kjell Johansen

Point Beach Nuclear Plant

Two Rivers, WI