Re: OOPS(radiography overexposure)

NUREG/BR-0024, "Working Safely in Gamma Radiography" Stephen A. McGuire.

>>> "Johansen.Kjell" <Kjell.Johansen@wepco.com> 10/09/01 06:00PM >>>

Janet Westbrook inquired about an over exposure incident. From the

description I believe the incident occurred to someone not familier with

radiography who found a radiographic source, picked it up and put it in his

back pocket.  The folding over of the skin flap and subsequent developments

are vividly covered  in a  NUREG on radiography training.  I do not remember

the number, but it was a low number, 00??, with a yellow and black cover and

printed in landscape format.  In a former lifetime I used it in a rad safety

training class I taught for users of fixed gauges.

Kjell Johansen

Point Beach Nuclear Plant

Two Rivers, WI

kjell.johansen@wepco.com