NRC website and work usage.

How we view the NRC actions on their web site depends heavily on

whether we use it and can easily replace the usage.  I use the NRC

Daily reports page and the Plant status page as part of my job

functions.  I am SOL on most of that material at this time.  If anyone

can point me to another location that contains the information I will

happily concede the point that its not a problem.  Until I find a

replacement for that my bosses are not getting the information from me

they expect.  I have some information for the Davis Besse and Perry

Nuclear Power Plants, but I don't get anything on Fermi, Beaver Valley,

Portsmouth, Fernald, and Mound.  I also miss the other lisencee reports

on lost sources, medical accidents, and reports issued by vendors via

this mechanism.  It is not a trivial loss.

Another thing that is brain dead about this whole site restriction is

this:  I get the email news about the Recently Issued Generic

Communications.  This includes the current communication. The page

location sent out in the message body directs you to an index page for

past communications that is not currently available.   HELLO?  Why

bother sending a dead link in a current email?

I work for a state government agency that I can't name here because

some anonymous person complained about my postings from work as being

too pro-nuclear.  They mined the archives and sent in a compilation of

my postings and suggested that I be fired.  I didn't get fired but I

can't use my state address for any postings that contain any opinion,

professional or otherwise.

I think the UCS got it exactly right. NRC taking down their page was

not well considered.

Zack Clayton

Columbus, Ohio

http://personals.yahoo.com