Creating Inventories of Laboratory Reagents

Dear Faculty Laboratory Colleagues:

Bioterrorism is on everyone's mind.  It is entirely possible that federal

offices will require that ALL laboratory chemical storage "sites"

(freezers, refrigerators, shelves) be inventoried.  If your lab does not

already have an inventory that is accessible electronically, creating these

inventories would mean a lot of work for you and your laboratory team if

requested by federal guidelines.

I am writing for your suggestions.  IF we learn we must create these

electronic inventories, how might my office best help you accomplish this

expectation?

Thank you for any constructive suggestions.

Lee E. Limbird, Ph.D.

Associate Vice Chancellor for Research

Vanderbilt University Medical Center

D-3300 Medical Center North