[Fwd: Re: missing nuclear material could be used by terrorists [of course! But has anyone checked sky yet?]

Here we are with our weekend installment of creative writing! Through

several

encounters of this fictional news, I shrugged, smiled, and went on. But

now here it is on Radsafe. The part that really is childish is the

suggestion that only as a result of the WTC episode, do we now realize

that terrorist hijackers are willing to sacrifice their lives; that

suddenly the nuclear terrorism threat has increased tenfold because of

the willingness of terrorists to commit suicide .... Which moon

has the Director General of the IAEC been vacationing on? Has he never

read history

or any current events news during his adult life?

Are we now to start worrying ten times harder ... reporting any noted

movement of poisons from the grocery store shelf .... buy a safe in

which to store my Dursban and Malathion .... and what do I do with the

gasoline in my truck,  the natural gas piped into my house, and the

ammonium sulfate in my garage for the lawn? Or the radioactive K40 that

I take every day with my lasix? Boy, we should be able to make all kinds

of mischief with those things. And there is an x-ray machine down in my

doctor's office - maybe one of you would help me spirit that little

jim-dandy out of the building so we can go zap something.

Lord, give me strength to resist telling a bomb joke in the airport so I

can stay out of jail - I only have to make another 5 to 15 years ....

Waiting for Norm's next humor installment,

Maury Siskel            maury@webtexas.com

PS Be patriotic! Worry! Worry Harder!