RE: NRC website and work usage

Janet,

I regret that I offended your (and other's) sensibilities.  Mr. Clayton's complaints about his loss of information seemed a bit weak in light of the need for the NRC to ensure that the information they have been providing is not used to carry out terrorist attacks against its licensees.  I would maintain that such a threat is fact, and regardless of whether the NRC shut down their site due to media criticism, they had enough sense to evaluate the site content.

In my humble opinion, your ability to infer Mr. Clayton's unstated intent from the written text far exceeds that of the average reader.  I've re-read the original message a few times and have failed to notice a single compliment to the NRC.  Was that in the "SOL" comment he made?  Perhaps my inability to pick up on those clues extends from my fifth grade reading comprehension skills.  I'm not really that stupid, I'm just slow.

The issue that struck a chord with me was Mr. Clayton's complaints about being inconvenienced by the whole tragic set of circumstances.  1)  He couldn't get the info he normally had access to and 2) he found the presence of dead-end links in NRC communications troubling.  Was he the ONLY person affected by this change in practice by the NRC?  I think not; however, most of those affected have either accepted the circumstances or found other ways to get the info they need.

More importantly ... Are the TEMPORARY inconveniences placed upon Mr. Clayton and others outweighed by the need to positively verify that information passed along in our free society is not used as a basis for further attacks on us all?  I'll let you answer that one.

Mr. Clayton's latest post on this thread is actually rife with beneficial information.  Bravo!

As for the UCS pairing with Mr. Clayton's statements, HE stated " I think the UCS got it exactly right."  Note the use of the word "EXACTLY."  Meaning he adopted their opportunistic, ill-disguised NRC bash-fest message in toto.  At least that's what this slow-witted troglodyte inferred.

Have a great day!

v/r

Michael