A true whiff of clean air in politics and in science

I've only shown the URL and initial couple of paragraphs below. This

item is truly a refreshing event in a world that recently has seemed to

be showing its darkside! Read this item, enjoy it, and realize that

indeed, the world is not going to the dogs - at least not right away.

(g)

Cheers,

Maury&Dog

============================

http://www.greeningearthsociety.org/climate/v7n5/feature.htm

  World Not Coming to End

  We all learned back in high school journalism (which we apparently

haven't

  graduated) that the bad or the bizarre is what sells papers. "Cubs Win

World

  Series" and "Alien Heads U.S. Global Change Research Program" are much

  more captivating than "Tiger Woods Triumphs."

  But given the current climate, political and otherwise, the mundane

may in

  fact merit headlines. Take, for instance, announcements of planetary

  business-as-usual—as in the recent scientific literature reassuring us

that

  forecasts of climate catastrophe may have been a bit premature. Or the

fact

  that some of the nation's biggest climate mavens have become

increasingly

  realistic about the political realities of the Kyoto Protocol and its

  semilegitimate offspring created in Bonn last summer. Now that's news.