Re: Mail Irradiation - Anti Response "Eating Their Words"

In a message dated 11/14/01 7:56:19 PM Pacific Standard Time, SAFarberMSPH@CS.COM writes:

I hope they've stockpiled antacids and anti-gas pills.

I hope they haven't, actually. But then I believe in dealing with the problem, not just the symptom. Unfortunately, 20 years from now, 80 years from now, there will still be those making the same claims. As I recall from an ANS article about 10 years ago, and I don't remember who wrote it (Bernie?), detrimental effects from free radicals from irradiating food was disproved in the '30s. The same free radicals result from cooking the food. Again, it's like trying to reason with a small child who keeps asking "Why?" to every answer. It's a waste of good air and energy. BTW, if anyone has a copy of that article, I'd like one. Can't find the one I filed away, but it was very good.

Jack Earley
Radiological Engineer