Re: Transportation of spent nuclear fuel

Emil, I appreciate your answer, and I could have made those guesses too.  However, one hears (and reads) throwaway phrases like "I am really worried about radioactive waste transportation and spent nuclear fuel transportation"  and "the only thing I really fear is transportation.."  Therefore, I would like to hear from those who are concerned, or claim to be, like Norman Cohen and David Lochbaum, exactly why they are concerned, and exactly what the basis for their concern is, and I would like to respond in a public forum and see what other "pro-nukes" have to say in response.  I currently work in radioactive materials transportation.  I am all too familiar with the "If-you-bring-that-stuff-past-my house-my-children-will-get-cancer" type of argument, and I am equally familiar with the pronouncements of various self-anointed transportation "experts" who speak for and advise anti-nuclear gr! oups.  I would like to have a dialogue on this subject, so I have figuratively thrown down the gauntlet to Mr. Norman Cohen: tell me in detail what you are scared of, and I will do my best to respond.

Ruth
Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com