Von: Jke310@AOL.COM <Jke310@AOL.COM>

An: michael.g.stabin@vanderbilt.edu <michael.g.stabin@vanderbilt.edu>;

sfrantz@YAHOO.COM <sfrantz@YAHOO.COM>; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

<radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Dienstag, 06. November 2001 18:45

Betreff: Re: nuclear safety groups?

>Their usual tactic is to throw so many obstacles into the roadway that it

>becomes progressively more expensive to accomplish anything. Then they

>complain that nuclear anything costs too much. If they and others of their

>ilk were required to post a bond every time they created a cost increase

with

>one of their exaggerations, and to forfeit it when they were shown to be

>wrong, they would quickly run their own cost-benefit analysis and

straighten

>up.

>Jack Earley

>Radiological Engineer

You really got it. The only thing that counts is money. The only goal that

the anti-nuclear groups have with their actions is to make nuclear power too

expensive to be continued - whether it is the "protests" concerning the

transport of spent fuel or waste return from reprocessing plants in Germany

or other countries, the legal actions against Yucca Mountains, I do not

believe that there is a kind of "coordinating force" behind these actions.

Everybody knows, that if a business is associated with financial losses, it

will be laid down - even the most local anti-what-so-ever-organisation.

That one can make a living of being "anti-what-so-ever" is demonstrated

every day a few times on RADSAFE by Norman Cohen.

Best wishes,

Franz