Slander ...

Slander, slander ... If you throw enough mud, some of it will stick !
Marco Caceci, from LQC s.I, in Netherlands, following a message announcing the opening of a position in radiochemistry at IPN Orsay, has diffused a message with personnal diffamation and insulting the scientific merit of several persons, of an Institute, IPN Orsay, of an Institution, the CNRS, and of a whole nation, France.
E-mails reveal as such as dangerous arms in the hands of unscrupulous people !
Personnal attacks should be blamed ; they should not appear in mailing lists. They don't honour the author.
Concerning the scientific aspects, objective criteria are the number of publications and their qualities attested by the journal in which they have appeared, the number of invited conferences, of thesis supervised (even if the students are at the origin of many publications, in France as anywhere else). A recent report from the French Academy of Science on the situation of Radiochemistry contains an interesting bibliometric report on the publications in the field (one may always criticize this Institution and the publication ...) ; it shows that the incriminated persons, Institute, Institution and France, in general, occupy a very honourable rank. It is true that Radiochemistry has suffered these last 20 years, as all over the world, of a lack of interest and that the number of students has severely decreased. Whatsoever, this study, except if one considers the referees and the conference organisers as idiots, attests of the scientific merit of the persons and of the communities under concern. Worth to mention are the fames of the CEA, Atomic Energy Commission, and of the nuclear industries which have led France to a leading position in the field of nuclear energy and all the associated domains ; without any doubt, the French universities and academic Institutions, among which the IPNO, have played a major role in the education of most of the scientific leaders working there.
Slander is a technique as old as our world. One could expect that it would stay out of the scientific community. By the way, besides his human qualities clearly revealed by his message, who can attest of Marco's scientific merit, if not ... himself !
I would expect that the list owners (others are welcome) blame the author and scratch him from the lists. We have nothing to share with such guys !
P.S. I don' t belong to the Orsay lab but I'm a radiochemist, member of the CNRS and French, deeply shocked by this perfidious message.
I apologize for the english mistakes. .. These frenchies are so bad in foreign languages !

Jean-Charles ABBE
Délégation CNRS
IRCCyN
1, Rue de la Noë